Below we have some important tips for the care of your flowers and bouquets. Read the flower care tips carefully and your bouquet will be fresh and beautiful for a long time.
Location and storage of the bouquet
· Be sure to protect your bouquet from drafts.
· Always use a clean vase for your bouquet so that no bacteria form. These clog the flower's stems.
· It is better to take a little too much than too little water.
· Avoid direct sunlight on the bouquet.
· Remove any leaves hanging in the water from the bouquet.
· Use warm water. This will result in a quicker water absorption.
Heat activates the metabolic processes in the flowers and warm water activates less dissolved gases.
· Cold water narrows the stems of the flowers and by this affects the water absorption of the bouquet.
· Do not place the bouquet near fruit bowls. The fruits (apples, pears, etc.) emit ethylene gas,
which promotes the withering process and the durability of the bouquet is considerably reduced.
· Your bouquet can be covered with a light foil at night.
Thereby you create a healthy microclimate and ideal conditions for the bouquet.
Cutting the flowers
Correct cutting is the most important condition to extend the durability of the flowers. In floristry, a distinction is made between flower stems:
· hard herbaceous stems (roses, carnations, lilies etc.): long, oblique cut
· soft herbaceous stems (calla, amaryllis, hyacinths, tulips, gerberas): almost straight cut.
· Orchids and cyclamen: Cut under running water or in water. The stems must also be scratched in above the cut.
· Always cut with a sharp knife.
· Do not use scissors. They will crush the stems of the flowers and the nutrient supply will be disturbed.
· Add the supplied flower food to the water and mix it carefully. The flower food should dissolve completely.
· Cut the flowers in the vase daily.
· Even fully bloomed and withered flowers emit ethylene gas, which promotes the withering process and
thereby reduces the durability of the bouquet. Therefore remove these flowers from the bouquet.
· Due to the flower food the water can be left in the vase for a longer period of time. The flower food has an anti-bacterial effect.
The evaporated water should only be refilled periodically. The supply of nutrients (e.g. sugar) causes a normal fading process.
If you follow this advice, you will enjoy your bouquet for a long time. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or requests.
Didderser Straße 32
Order and service hotline: 01805 455 615
(14 ct/per min. from the German landline; mobile phone differing)